Midnight snacking habits are real. A sleep-deprived mind makes you want something too much. There is a heavenly peace to munch on something when the night is dark, and the surroundings are quiet. But often, we make a mistake by ordering a pizza or having leftover cakes.
Instead of having this junk and unhealthy food, utilize this much time to nurture your body. There are plenty of snacks that can you can have at midnight. These snacks are not only healthy but also will help you and your kid to get back the deprived sleep.
Further, bedtime snacks are important for your fast-growing kids. Ensure to give them food rich in carbohydrates. It helps them to maintain blood sugar levels. Healthy snacking habits at midnight also help your kids develop good sleeping habits. Food like yogurt is rich in tryptophan, an element that promotes good sleep.
So here are some healthy snacking options that you and your kid can much on at midnight.
1. A glass of milk and a banana. It is the most simple among all and most filling too. Kids might find it boring, but it has loads of nutrients packed within.
2. Boiled eggs with a serving of berries. Eggs are an important part of everyday diet. Loaded with protein, it is considered a superfood. And if your kid has a sweet tooth, berries will cut their craving and provide them with the goodness of antioxidants.
3. Yogurt and any fruit of your choice is another healthy midnight snack that will keep you and your kids healthy by promoting good sleep and nutrients.
4. Carrot sticks with guacamole dipping or hummus. The avocado in guacamole is loaded with goodness. And hummus, on the other hand, has sesame seeds, chickpeas, olive oil, and spices that does wonders to your body and is one of the healthiest dips.
5. If you have a mind for having an unhealthy serving, we will suggest you find the balance. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with whole grain bread will keep you filled. As an adult, you can have a whole sandwich, and half will do good for kids. Peanut butter and wholegrain bread are healthy and tasty. Served with jelly will satisfy your sugar cravings.
6. Roasted peanuts or chickpeas with a bit of black salt, pink salt, or sea salt will keep your kid’s tummy filled until breakfast.
7. Apple or banana slices with a dollop of peanut or almond butter is another healthy and tasty for you and your kids.
8. A serving of cheese and crackers will do fine as well. Cheese is rich in calcium, and having a cracker or two will not hamper your kid’s health.
9. If you have the time, you can also make fruit smoothies or chia pudding with lots of fruits in them. Store it in your freezer and serve these tasty options to your kiddo when the night calls. These are excellent healthy options when it comes to midnight carving that your kids can not say no to.
Whether you are finding some tasty snacks to satisfy your midnight cravings or munching on a healthy snack to give a boost to your diet, we have compiled a list of some of the all-time favorite snacks for your entire family. Find out some of the tasty recipes above and enjoy.